Children, like adults, are very much influenced by the effects and factors around them, such as colors, which contributes to the formation of the child’s personality because of its effect on his nervous system if it surrounded him in every corner around him, that’s why color therapy is used, which has proven to be able to deliver amazing results in the advancement of behavioral therapy for them, that’s why be careful to know the effect of your child’s room color on his mood and personality, so as not to cause trouble for your child without you knowing.
The effect of your child’s room color on his mood and personality
The color of your child’s room contributes to his education and behavior
Many recent psychological experiments carried out by major international universities have proven to various segments of children.
Some of them are healthy children and others are children with behavioral and educational problems, as these universities applied to them research the effect of colors on the behaviors of the child, it was shown:
- Children who suffer from hypermobility when changing the color of their rooms to soft colors such as green, blue and cream in different degrees, they become less in-the-motor hyperactivity as well as have lower blood pressure.
- Moderate movement and activity children when changing their room colors to fiery colors such as red, orange or yellow were observed to have a high heart rate and high blood pressure and became more active and moving than before.
- When changing the colors of the room of the normal children who do not suffer from behavioral problems from light colors to dark colors such as black, oily or alcoholic, it is observed that children turn into a state of sadness and depression and do not want to participate in any activities.
This shows the extent to which colors affect the mental health of children and how they contribute to the transformation of their behaviors in an effective way, whether positive or negative.
Here it is necessary to know the nature and personality of the child himself and try to address the negative aspects by using colors that counter these behaviors and stimulate the behavior of the opposite of these negatives.
Learn about your child’s personality from his opinions in the decor of his room
We all know that a child’s room is not only a place to sleep, but a place where he spends long periods of his day between playing with his toys and studying his lessons, that’s why it has to be compatible with his taste and inclinations.
So we recommend that you leave space for the child to choose paint colors for the walls, as well as leave him the opportunity to choose his bedroom furniture.
Don’t worry, most children’s rooms are always painted in light colors and often white, and are interspersed with some cheerful colors and children’s favorite drawings.
Here you can learn about your child’s tendencies and personality, so be attentive to his choices, to get to know your child and take action if you discover his aggressive tendencies or the presence of manifestations of hyperactivity.
You can also learn about your child’s hobbies and artistic preferences from these choices and you need to support them and take care of them.
Here we will mention some indications of the effect of the color of your child’s room on his mood and personality.
First: the discovery of the child’s talent, from the color and design of his bedroom
- If your child chooses a bedroom with sports graphics, know that your child tends to play sports, as well as a fan of the movement.
- If your child has chosen a bedroom with Disney drawings or asked you to put posters in his room for superheroes cartoon, know that he is seeking to achieve success and excellence in his life, push him to achieve this in any field he prefers, whether scientific or sporty.
- The choice of the quiet pastel colors of the bedroom confirms that the child has a slender sense and artistic taste; here you can search inside your child for any artistic aspect that he characterizes by it.
- Choosing a bedroom – or wallpaper for his room – with animal drawings indicates his love for pets, and expecting to ask you to buy an animal of his own.
Second: the discovery of negative manifestations in the personality and behaviors of the child, based on his choices of the colors of his room and furniture
- The sharp colors such as red, fuchsia and orange which are colors that drive the enthusiasm and movement, when the child chooses these colors know that he is characterized by excessive activity; here you should be aware of the movement of the child and the rate of activity.
- Choosing dark colors for the child’s room refers to the psychological state he feels, which is often sad or frustrating, so get close to your child and try to identify the things that cause him discomfort.
Treat your child’s diseases by changing the color of his room
Just as colors have an effect on the behavior of children, it was also proved that the colors has the ability to help them recover from diseases
However, using colors in the wrong way may increase the child’s illness and weaken his immunity.
For this we must recognize the effect of each color on the state of human health and the way of employing colors to accelerate healing.
First: The effect of red color in the treatment of diseases
Red is a warm color, which gives a sense of warmth to the place, as well as red color stimulates the activity, movement and excitement, which may amount to nervousness.
This is why be careful when using red in children’s rooms, especially if the child has chronic skin eczema problems.
Because it is getting stronger and repeats markedly by staying in a place covered in red for a long time.
Also be careful and do not use red in your child’s room who has a problem with involuntary urination.
Red activates the functioning of the bladder and genitals, thus increasing the symptoms of urination involuntarily during sleep.
Second: The effect of yellow and orange on the state of health
Yellow and orange are known to be colors that support vitality, optimism and activity, which is why it is recommended for children with depression, introversion and isolation
These two colors also have a noticeable positive effect on the improvement of diseases of the nervous system and the digestive system.
But if your child is suffering from a lack of sleep and insomnia permanently, keep these two colors out of his room because they resist drowsiness.
Third: the effect of blue on mood and health
Blue is a comfortable color that inspires hope and relaxation, which is why it is recommended to use blue and its derivatives in the rooms of children with hypermobility.
If your child has respiratory problems, whether chronic chest allergy or asthma, it is always advisable to be in a room in blue that helps to reduce cough.
Beware of overuse of blue in children’s rooms because it leads them to lethargy especially if the child is lazy
Fourth: The effect of green in the mood of the child
Green is an ideal and calm color, and can be employed in the children’s room in a way that helps reduce the nervousness and excess activity experienced by some children.
Ways to control the impact of your child’s room color on his or her mood and personality
You can professionally intervene in adding aesthetic touches to the décor and colors of your child’s room so that it supports positive areas and reduces the impact of the negative items of each color.
- Add wallpaper in your child’s room with a different color than the rest of the walls to combine the benefits of colors without rudeness.
- Use natural color lighting that helps children grow in a healthy environment, and stay away from neon lighting.
- If the baby’s room is only one color, use bright and varied colour furnishings.